Sunday 6 March 2011

Pizza night!

When I was younger, we often used to have 'pizza night'. We would each get to make our own pizza's, choosing the toppings and decorating them ourselves. So yesterday, I suggested to Christian (my boyfriend) that we make homemade pizza's for our tea! My idea of homemade, is buying the base, and then just adding all the toppings, but Christian got really into the idea, and decided not only to make the dough for the bases, but also he made the tomato sauce from scratch!

It took ages to prepare the dough, but the rest of it was easy! I was in-charge of chopping the veg (I can't be trusted with anything else apparently). But then it turned out I was a master in making dough balls with the left-over dough.
Although it cost about five times more than a supermarket frozen pizza, they ended up being the yummiest pizza's I've ever had! And we'll def be doing it again!

Here are some pics of the whole process...

Warning: these images will make you hungry!!

Making the tomato base...

The perfectly chopped veg!

A little helper!

Preparing the dough...

The base, nice and round!

My awesome dough balls, and dough ball initials :-)

The pizza's!! Guess which one I made!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow they look absolutely scrumptious.....and what fun to do too.....a real family affair....love it !!! Those pizza nights were fun, when you were all growing up and i love hearing that the idea has developed into all of your adult lives !!! including Primrosey's life too.... (-:

    ReplyDelete