Tuesday 15 March 2011

British Bridal Exhibition 2011

I have spent the last two days working at the British Bridal Exhibition in Harrogate. I got the work experience through a tutor at Uni who is the owner of Eternity Group. He and his wife own the company that has a range of collections including Bridal gowns, Bridesmaids, Mother of the Bride and Prom. Eternity Group was exhibiting at the three day event, and I was able to go along and help dress the models for the catwalk shows that took place four times a day. I was very excited to be going to the exhibition, as it will be a great insight into the wedding industry, and should help with my bridal footwear project.

Eternity Group were showing 97 wedding dresses from their collection. They had four models for each catwalk, and a team of 7 people helping to dress the models and collect and return the dresses onto the rails. The first catwalk took over an hour, but by the end of the day we'd managed to shorten it to 45 minutes as we got used to the dresses and which ones fitted the models best. I found I was best at handing the dresses to the dressers, and then re-hanging them afterwards.
Although it was an exhausting experience, everyone was lovely, very friendly and welcoming, and I really enjoyed myself! I'd love to go back again in September!!





No comments:

Post a Comment