Tuesday 22 February 2011

Something Blue...


I'm currently in my final year of Uni, and it seems to have taken over my life. Alongside a Dissertation and four smaller modules, we have a Final Major Project. This can be based on anything we like... but with the idea that it would/could work as a 'mini business'.

I decided to base my project around bridal shoes aimed at fashion-forward brides. I spent two years on the shop floor at Moda in Pelle, and often met brides-to-be who were looking for shoes for their wedding that wasn't the traditional wedding styles that you often find in bridal boutiques. Whilst there are designs out there... they tend to come with a hefty price tag. So with this in mind, Something Blue Bridal Footwear was 'launched'. I keep getting told I ought to do this for real once I graduate, and it's something I will consider. I love working on my sketch book, and coming up with designs. But the business, especially the accounts side of things are just a tad scary for now!

Anyway... here are some of the designs I have been working on so far... would love to get some feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment