Sunday 9 September 2012

Ombre nails

I have seen ombre mani's everywhere recently and have been very tempted to give it a go but have been put off by the thought of how messy it would be. It's one thing getting my left hand ok, but trying to do the same on my right hand just seemed impossible. Then today, I painted my nails as usual, and before they were fully dry I started faffing around and smudged the paint. Rather than start again, I decided it might be a good excuse to give the ombre nails a go! So I chopped up a kitchen sponge and chose a darker shade of pink and started dabbing! I was surprised at how easy it was! Although I have found I've got little bits of sponge now stuck to my nails! Will try and avoid that next time!

To create this look - I used...

A kitchen sponge

Barry M nail polish in Peach Melba and Bright Pink
The final result...




No comments:

Post a Comment